Sunday

Man. Painting Waves.



It should be said that a wise man will see beauty in all things. This was something most likely said by someone who did not live in Chicago during the winter. I am now someone who happily does not live in Chicago at all. I live in Sonoma County California and it is easy for me to see the beauty in most things, a product of my surroundings I would wager. This video is a perfect example of that.

frank gannon painting wavesI was on my way home from a meeting at Chanslor Ranch just north of Bodega Bay, wiggling along Highway 1 towards my home in Villa Grande. It was February and therefore should have been cold and miserable, but it wasn't. It was gorgeous and I spied this man doing a remarkable job capturing the colors of the setting sun. This man, painting waves at the side of the road, did not flinch when I asked if I could film him. At Rock Point, off of Hwy. 1, Frank Gannon answered with a flick of his wrist, and a shrug of his shoulders. When I commented on how accurately he had captured the colors of the evening, he grimaced and said that he was stuck on the side of a particularly tricky rock face. He said so while perched precariously, with all of his paints and brushes, 30 feet above the waves crashing below. As a filmmaker, I was drawn to the motion in the Ocean, while Frank mixed the perfect blend of color to match the setting sun. It was a pretty cool moment. It was a Sonoma County moment.

frank gannon in sonoma countyI only spent 45 minutes filming Frank Gannon, but it has since become one of my favorite videos to show friends and family when they enquire about my new habitat. It was shot with my Cannon 60D with a little pick-up footage gathered with a gopro hero3.



Artist: Frank Gannon - www.FrankGannon.com

Man Painting. Waves.

Shot/Edited by: Edward Seaton
Music: The Mentalist by Mr. Fiji Wiji


frank gannon on the water